05 January 2011

The Year of Fabulous!

Some of my friends have already declared 2011 to be the year of being fabulous. I think that mantra really resonates, so I am embracing it too! Here is to being the best, feeling the best, and most of all, looking the best I can in the next 365 days!

One of the goals - like many people's - is to lose weight. I realized, looking back at pictures from my first year in graduate school, that I have packed on the "grad school 15". I was the skinniest and most happy with my body when I moved to Atlanta. Stress, and a comfortable, stable relationship will really help pack on the padding. Luckily, I have started an accountability email system with one of my best girlfriends. She and I both have weight loss goals, and there's nothing like thinking, "I have to tell S about this cookie tomorrow" to make it not seem as tasty! Plus, I have my 10-year high school reunion coming up in May, and a looming #29 birthday, so there is no time like the present to get back to a fabulous body!

Another thing I want to do this year is to commit and do some of the things that I have wanted to but have lacked the courage to complete. Like giving blood, which I conquered in October (and December!!!), I want to embrace the things that scare me.

In this case, it's mostly about putting myself out there for the job I want. It's nerve-wrecking to know you want something, but not know exactly how you will get it. But it's all in the mindset. I am reading Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" for just that reason: to prepare myself in the best way possible to face those opportunities. This year, I will go forward with confidence and do all the necessary preparation I can to get what I desire!

Here's to you, fabulous 2011!

No comments: